Suggest treatment for kidney stones

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Right kidney thin concretion
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
calculi or stone in kidney

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

From the description that you have given, I presume it to be a finding in the scan you have done.
Concretion means the formation of calculi or stone in the kidney. Different particles like calcium, phosphorus, urate crystals or any other forms of debris may collect in the pathway of urinary tract or kidney to form stones.

Treatment mainly depends on the symptoms and the details like level of the stone, exact location, size of the stone, the contents etc.

If you do not have any particular symptoms as such, drinking plenty of water will help in dissolving small stones and its easy passage.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to discuss further,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy