Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for kidney stones

Answered by
Dr. Remy Koshy

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2014

Answered : 508 Questions

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Right kidney thin concretion
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
calculi or stone in kidney

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

From the description that you have given, I presume it to be a finding in the scan you have done.
Concretion means the formation of calculi or stone in the kidney. Different particles like calcium, phosphorus, urate crystals or any other forms of debris may collect in the pathway of urinary tract or kidney to form stones.

Treatment mainly depends on the symptoms and the details like level of the stone, exact location, size of the stone, the contents etc.

If you do not have any particular symptoms as such, drinking plenty of water will help in dissolving small stones and its easy passage.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to discuss further,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urinary tract

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had to have a complete hysterectomy 36 years ago in which they removed my uterus, 1 ovary and cervix. ....

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag