Suggest treatment for jaw and mouth pain
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on your history and description, Trigeminal neuralgia is the most likely diagnosis. However , it is an atypical case in light of the associated chest pain symptoms.
It is mainly a facial pain syndrome and involves the fifth cranial nerve.
Medical treatment options include pharmacological drugs as first line carbamazepine is the first line treatment for Trigeminal neuralgia. In non responders to carbemezepine Baclofen, Lamotrigine and Gabapentin can be used as alternatives.
Surgical options including microvascular decompression or Gamma knife surgery are resorted to if the medical therapy fails.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for mucous cyst in mouth
- Suggest treatment for pain in lower jaw and bottom teeth
- Suggest treatment for severe jaw and inner ear pain
- Recurring painful mouth ulcers treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- Suggest treatment for mouth blisters
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Suggest treatment for lichen planus in mouth
- Treatment and cure for jaw pain