Suggest treatment for itchy bumps on the vagina
Use anti-bacterial ointment and vaginal suppository. Follow rest.
Thanks for writing to us.
According to your information, it is mostly suggestive of genital acne or pimple which can occur around labial region and mostly caused by bacterial infection in association with vaginal infection, sweating, tight underwear, ingrown hair, boils, contacts with chemical cosmetic/ bath products etc.
TREATMENT: 1) I suggest you to use anti-bacterial ointment like Mupirocin (BACTROBAN) around labial region. You must clean the area with anti-bacterial soap before applying the ointment.
2) Oral anti-fungal medication (Fluconazole) or Vaginal suppository like CLINGEN (combined Clindamycin and Clotrimazole) can be used for 5- 7 days to eliminate painful itching or yeast infection.
Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your treating doctor.
3) Do not squeeze the pimples or white head stuff and it will automatically go away. You can wash the area with warm water or give hot compression after genital shaving to prevent future recurrence.
4) Taking sitz bath with Epsom salts can sooth, cleanse and even dries a pimple in the genital area. Maintain genital hygiene properly. Wear only clean & cotton underwear. Keep genital area dry and avoid chemical contacts.
5) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must LIMIT Salty/ Sugary/ Fatty foods.
Hope, above said information is sufficient & very much helpful to you. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Bumps in vagina
- Suggest treatment to remove painful bumps near anus and vagina
- What is the treatment for bumps in vagina
- Suggest treatment for bumps on vagina after having intercourse
- Treatment for bump under skin near vagina
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump caused by a dog bite
- What treatment do you suggest for bumps around vagina
- Extremely itchy vagina treatment
- Bump outside vagina boil pus treatment
- Itchy skin bumps treatment
- What causes missed periods?
- Does Carbamazepine or Oxcarbazepine cause false negative pregnancy test...
- Suggest treatment for vaginal candidiasis
- Suggest contraceptive pills for a 30 year old
- Suggest treatment for itching and discomfort on vagina
- What is the safe time span for intercourse after taking unwanted 72?
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and PCOD
- What is the ideal time to do NT scan during pregnancy?
- What causes light menstrual bleeding?
- Suggest treatment for infertility