Suggest treatment for improper functioning of epiglottis
Depends on the cause; but if there is nothing that can be done then tracheo
Hello ma'am/sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I am really sorry to hear about your mother, and hope things get better for her. I would first recommend an elaborate evaluation with her doctor to find the cause for the presentation, because there can be many, like:
+Weakened immune system
+Muscular weakness (which is what you have reported)
Each cause can have a specific treatment approach, like an infection can be treated with antibiotics; injury with surgical correction; inflammation with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory, etc.
But if the main approach does not work, and the cause is muscular weakness then there is nothing that can be done to the epiglottis directly, but other indirect approaches will have to be used to prevent complications like a planned tracheostomy.
I hope you find my response helpful and informative. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest me treatment for my improper digestion
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Epiglottis problems treatment
- Visible epiglottis in adults treatment
- Treatment and cure for epiglottis dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Function of antoxid in treatment of leukoplakia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Epiglottis function
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment