• question-icon

What causes breathing difficulty post a tracheostomy?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: After the radiation treatment, I had the difficulties in breathing as the swelled food pipe pressing. So I have undergone tracheostomy on 28th March"2017. I take liquids from PGE food pipe in the stoumach. Is there any treatment for food pipe?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgery if stage of the disease allows.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
It seems that you have cancer of the esophagus and the treatment depends upon the spread and stage of the disease.
Since you have already been put on tracheostomy, on food pipe and have been given radiation too, it is time that you Doctor does a review with the help of Endoscopy and CT scan/PET scan so that further treatment such as surgery can be planned if feasible.
Please post any reports or prescription if you can so that I can assist you better.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

With Regards and wishing you all the best.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon