Suggest treatment for histrionic personality disorder

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: What is the best treatment for a hystrionic personality disorder ?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, no medicines can treat HPD. However, there are good psychotherapy types that can treat it. These include psychodynamic psychotherapy and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). I would recommend seeking out a therapist who offers one of these two types of treatment.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T