• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high BP and pulse rate

Posted on Wed, 1 Feb 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: IM ON MEDICATION FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND RECENTLY BECAUSE IT WAS SO HIGH WAS GIVEN ANOTHER TABLET AS WELL. TODAY MY READING IS 107/77 AND PLUSE 103. WHY IS MY PLUSE HIGH/?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypotension causes tachycardia to maintain the cardiac output!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query!
Hypotension is a cause of tachycardia.In easy language the work of heart is to maintain the cardiac output .The muscles of left ventricle contract to supply blood to the full body,blood pressure is the pressure by which blood is thrown out by the left venticle so that it can reach all organs and periphery,but as the blood pressure decreases ,heart will try to maintian the cardiac output to the origional so that blood can be supplied to all organs and periphery at the same rate.To maintain the cardiac output heart will start contracting at a higher rate to maintain perfusion at low blood pressure also ,hence as a ruke of thumb hypotension causes tachycardia to maintain the cardiac ouput.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 26 minutes later
Is it dangerous, is there cause for concern?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No!

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
No with in a week your body will get adapted and pulse rate will return back to normal again .Infact pulse rate 60-100 is normal.103 is just slighltly above it .Don't worry it will be normal in a week!
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 36 minutes later
Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
welcome!
Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist