Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high BP accompanied by headaches

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
I have had a "headache" for 4 month with me from the time I wake up in the morning. I have been taking amlodipine, first 2.5 mg then I bought the gadget to measure my blood pressure and it is almost always high even now that I was given 5 mg of amlodipine. I confessed that I take more and still I meassure it too high (90-102, 130 145) for a while now stays at close the normal, It has been month now that I have been taking it. It seems like it has helped a bit with my headache but not even close to say I feel that it is really working. this "headache' very awful because it increases with activity and I can do much. But the fact that my blood pressure has not stabilized gives me hope that once it does I will feel free of my headache. is to my doctor and get some real good medicine or combination of it. Do you guys have some suggestion. I take pain pill through out the day. I feel the pain mainly on the left side of my head, and somehow it is connected with my left heel (bottom) and it hearts when I walk. I don't feel my left left side of the body much distablilized like my hand shaking, but my head (left) feels very scary. I had an MRI, Cant Scan. I am gonna ask for a neurologist tomorrow. As I say, it seems like if I stabilize my blood pressure, it may be the cure. Any other suggestions, or other medicine besides pressure medication. Remember, I wake up in the morning and starts to bother me. Also, I am tapering off Ativan and I think I am gonna be off of it in a couple of month. Thank you for helping in the past, hope you find the answer to my problem at last For this, I will go to my clinic tomorrow to explain th
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Take Telmisartan 40 mg & Amlodipine 5mg. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us Yes,i think you are right.You need combination medicine to control hypertension. Your B.P should have been stabilized after one month of medication with Amlodipine 5 mg. It is not so in you case,so Telmisartan 40 mg can be added.Combination of Telmisartan 40 mg with Amlodipine 5 mg can be taken once daily and it can take 4 weeks to stabilize B.P. Besides medication you should avoid saturated,trans fat,high fat milk products,fried and junk foods. You should take plenty of vegetables and fruits and take restricted amount of salt in your diet. You should do meditation,yoga and walking.It will help you a lot. MRI will exclude other causes of headache. You also need examination of your eyes to confirm any refractive error. Other causes of headache like stress,sinusitis etc also need to be excluded. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you take these things. For heel pain you should use soft sleepers/shoes.You can take alternate hot and cold compression to your feet.X-rays of ankle in lateral view can be taken to confirm calcaneal spur.Analgesics can be taken SOS. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor