Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for headaches,swelling and tenderness after an injury

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
2 days ago I sustained blunt force from a cupboard door to my left temple cheekbone area. Since then I have bad headaches with swelling and tenderness to the area. Should I seek treatment.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Visit a doctor if the headache is very severe. Detailed Answer: Hi, Swelling and tenderness are common clinical manifestation of acute injury. It takes sometime to resolve. Ice therapy and topical antinflammatory creams and ointments may be helpful. However if the headache is very severe and untolerable, it would be worthwhile to visit a doctor. A CT scan of head is sufficient to exclude sinister injuries. Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to ask for clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor