question-icon

Suggest treatment for hair loss

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Question: My hair is falling tremondously .my hair us thin n it is becoming thinner gradually. Please suggest me some oil or medicines
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Rule out causes of hair loss, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
Their are many causes of hair fall and treatment depends on the cause.
The most common causes encountered by me are male pattern baldness, anemia, thyroid disorders, fevers like typhoid and malaria, after child birth, surgery, accidents, due to chronic diseases including that of the scalp and after certain medications.
We need to rule out all these causes before starting treatment
Moreover if it is possible upload a picture of your scalp so that I can ascertain the pattern of your hair loss and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist