Suggest treatment for hair fall

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I family has heridatery hairfall problem.

I am loosing my hair from past 2-3 months.Hairs near my fore head have root pains sometimes.

Can i get some medical advise on how can i handle this. My age is 25.

Please feel free to call me on 0000 on any queries.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dutasteride, Minoxidil solution

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for writing to us on HCM.
I can understand your concern regarding the hairfall and I will make sure your problem is addressed in best way.
From your description it seems have started a specific pattern of hairloss called Androgenetic alopeica. It is dictated by your hormone testosterone and it has strong association with family history.
Since it is an ongoing process, I would insist you to continue the following treatment for atleast 6 months to perceive good results.
I would like to start with oral multivitamin tablets specific for hair growth. Take tablet Follihair new once on daily basis.
Also add tablet Dutasteride 0.5 mg once daily to your regimen.
Dutasteride is a drug that will prevent and reverse the effect of testosterone on yout hair roots.
Apply a lotion containing minoxidil 10 % ( Mintop 10) , 1 ml twice a day over affected areas of your scalp.
Use a mild shampoo cum conditioner like Xgain for routine use.
Apply coconut oil twice a week.
Try to indulge into healthy diet and regular exercise and also try destress your life.
Hope your query is resolved.
Wish you best of health
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 5 minutes later
That was very quick reply and a helpful one doctor. Ill get all the specified tablets n start it from tomorrow. Will get back to you if i have any questions. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
---

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome XXXXXXX