Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
147 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for hair fall

Answered by
Dr. Hardik Pitroda


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 1489 Questions

Posted on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I family has heridatery hairfall problem.

I am loosing my hair from past 2-3 months.Hairs near my fore head have root pains sometimes.

Can i get some medical advise on how can i handle this. My age is 25.

Please feel free to call me on 0000 on any queries.

Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dutasteride, Minoxidil solution

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us on HCM.
I can understand your concern regarding the hairfall and I will make sure your problem is addressed in best way.
From your description it seems have started a specific pattern of hairloss called Androgenetic alopeica. It is dictated by your hormone testosterone and it has strong association with family history.
Since it is an ongoing process, I would insist you to continue the following treatment for atleast 6 months to perceive good results.
I would like to start with oral multivitamin tablets specific for hair growth. Take tablet Follihair new once on daily basis.
Also add tablet Dutasteride 0.5 mg once daily to your regimen.
Dutasteride is a drug that will prevent and reverse the effect of testosterone on yout hair roots.
Apply a lotion containing minoxidil 10 % ( Mintop 10) , 1 ml twice a day over affected areas of your scalp.
Use a mild shampoo cum conditioner like Xgain for routine use.
Apply coconut oil twice a week.
Try to indulge into healthy diet and regular exercise and also try destress your life.
Hope your query is resolved.
Wish you best of health
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 5 minutes later
That was very quick reply and a helpful one doctor. Ill get all the specified tablets n start it from tomorrow. Will get back to you if i have any questions. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 9 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Follihair

doctor1 MD

I have extreme hair fall since a month n it has been affecting me mentally to find ways to cure it. I have come across dis tablet "Follihair...

doctor1 MD

What can cause sudden hair loss? I thought it was my taking Felodipine , but I have stopped using it and my hair is still falling out. My hairloss...

doctor1 MD

my wife has serious hair fall problem. everytime when she moves her finger in her hair.A bunch of hair come in her hand. She is 25 and had tried...

doctor1 MD

my hair is oily,having dandruff .facing Hair loss from 5 months.Kindly suggest .

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor,
I'm experiencing hair loss for about 10yrs now....Initially it was not that its really bad that everyone who stands even 10...

doctor1 MD

hi i am 28 year old female. . I have started getting hair fall since last two years and now its gone worst . Hairs are falling from roots and its...