Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
There are medical means but in your case surgery would be the ideal option.
there are medical means of dealing with gall bladder stones. Medicines are available which can dissolve the stones.
Their efficacy is however doubtful and therefore they have not become very popular. The only proven cure is surgery. Specially surgery for you considering the size of the stone. Stones larger than 1cm have a higher chance of converting into cancer and therefore surgery should be done.
In the form of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gall bladder removal) it is the commonest surgery done world wide and is extremely safe in experienced hands. It is minimally invasive and leaves minimal scars with almost no complications.
I feel you should discuss with your family and opt for surgery with an experienced Laparoscopic surgeon.
Take care and do let me know if there are any other queries that I can help with.
New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gall bladder stones surgery
- Gall bladder stone symptoms and treatments
- Gall bladder stones treatment
- Gall bladder stones causes
- Laser treatment of gall bladder stone
- Gall bladder stone in newborn
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- Gall bladder stone removal
- Gall bladder stones symptoms
- Gall bladder stone siddha treatment