Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Gall Bladder Stones
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gall bladder stones

Detailed Answer:

In general, Gall bladder stones are formed due to accumulation of the cholesterol in the bile juice due to incomplete empty of the bladder. This causes inflammation of the gall bladder along with secondary bacterial infection known as Cholecystitis.

The symptoms usually produced are: Right upper abdominal stomach ache, nausea and vomiting.

They are commonly seen in fat, forty, females. This means in obese, over forty years of age and more in females. Also in persons with uncontrolled cholesterol levels, drugs increasing the cholesterol levels, rapid weight loss, eating fewer meals per day etc.

The treatment for cholecystisis is excision of gall bladder or through medication(drugs are given to dissolve the stone but there are high chances of recurrences).

If asymptomatic or single stone then it is kept under observation with regular Ultrasound of the abdomen and if symptomatic and multiple stones then the best treatment would be excision of gall bladder.

This would be the general information regarding the gall stones. I hope to help you in a better way if you could provide me any concerned details along with any reports if investigations done.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad