Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
needs further evaluation
Hope this message finds you in good health.
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I generally see many cases like this at my clinic,and generally give them rest and analgesics.If pain is severe,we splint the foot.
In your case,it seems that your bones are very weak ,may be age related severe osteoporosis.Though it seems like a stress fracture,other possiblitis like tendinitis, soft tissue inflammations, gout etc need to be ruled out.Other possibilites include a foot strain,ligament injury and an early cellulitis.
I would suggest you should get an xray and an mri of the concerned part to find out whats wrong.
If the results are negative, i would suggest a detailed blood profile done to find out other causes related to blood variations.
Till then take a good analgesic,rest,crepe bandage, anti-inflammatory tablets and ice pack. Leg elevation will help to reduce the swelling
You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.
I hope your question has been answered.
If you have any follow-up queries,feel free to consult me anytime.
Thanks,Take care,God bless. Wish you a healthy life : )
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metatarsal stress fracture treatment
- Big toe stress fracture treatment
- Pelvic stress fracture treatment
- 4th metatarsal stress fracture treatment
- Treatment and cure for Stress fracture
- How to treat a stress fracture on foot
- Suggest treatment for stress fracture on foot
- Foot numbness after a stress fracture
- First sign foot stress fracture
- Stress fracture heel treatment