Suggest treatment for floaters in vision

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: This morning I got huge think black line as well as some floaters in one eye. It has since passed except for one line at the top of my vision. Could you tell me all the causes. I am going to my doctor tomorrow. These floatets
we're very thick and cobwebby. The floaters keep coming back but they are small
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eye floaters most likely due to age.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
These can be because of floaters. Floaters are dark specks in the form of dots, circles, lines, flashes or cobwebs that seem to move across your field of vision. Floaters are small clumps of visible material within the vitreous. Usually they remain clumped but in old age bits of debris are discarded by the vitreous humour or retina that causes protein (connective tissue) to be released.Hence crystal-like deposits may form in the vitreous and interfere with light passing from the front of the eye to the back.These floating particle within the vitreous are seen as shadows in retina.The vitreous sometimes pulls on the retina. This may cause you to see flashing lights or lightning streaks, even though there aren't any such lights present. When the vitreous separates from the retina.

As per you query most common cause is Age-related eye changes. Eye floaters most commonly occur as a result of age-related changes in the vitreous.Over time, the vitreous partially liquefies — a process that causes it to pull away from the eyeball's interior surface. As the vitreous shrinks and sags, it clumps and gets stringy. Bits of this debris block some of the light passing through the eye, casting tiny shadows on your retina. Retinal tears can occur when a sagging vitreous tugs on the retina with enough force to tear it. Without treatment, retinal tear may lead to retinal detachment.
Detailed retinal examination plus slit lamp examination of eye should be done by opthalmologist.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 15 hours later
Why were those cobwebs and lines so large? Every now and then I get a small floater that is only there for a seconds but is thicker than the normal floaters I have. Is this from the same cause?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up query

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
These are subjective phenomenon and can't e answered by anyone.
Yes it is from the same cause basically your symtoms are increasing gradually and you should timely intervene consulting a opthalmologiost.

Thanks