Suggest treatment for scar tissue after treated retinal tears

I've had 6 eye operations in the last 6 months to treat 3 retinal tears, and 3 subsequent retinal detachments. The surgeries have involved the fitting of a scleral buckle, the use of a gas bubble and silicon oil, as well as the use of heavy octane fluid left in for 10 days on two seperate occasions. My eye is just starting to recover (pressure has come up to 6 from a low of 4 and my pupil is returning to normal size -last op 6 weeks ago). I have extremely cloudy vision in my affected eye and the little I can see is very distorted. My surgeon told me yesterday that I need another op to peel scar tissue from my retina because the traction is lifting it from my macula (may already have detached). My question is,... is it worth the risk? I am concerned about subjecting my eye to another procedure with the risk of other complications to get back a view that may well be more difficult to adjust to than the dull view I have now. Is it the case that scar tissue may eventually 'burn out'without any intervention and, if so, how long does it take? Many thanks, Francesca

Mon, 1 Dec 2014