Suggest treatment for extra-pulmonary TB
Now she is having Rifamcin and Levofloxacin.
Get an X-ray/ MRI of spine done.
I have gone through the query in detail. It seems that your mother having symptoms of TB spine with compression over nerve roots.
I suggest her to get an X-ray/ MRI of spine done and get it evaluated by her doctor.
Continue taking anti-tubercular drugs as advised.Meanwhile for pain control she can take tramadol prepation after discussing her doctor.
Hope this helps you.
The pain started suddenly. Last Thursday when she got up from sleep she felt lot of pain. This also happened in her arms suddenly a few months back but disappeared after a few days.
But she is having the Anti TB drugs for last 11 months. It has almost reached its end. Only a month is left.
The issue is that she developed it suddenly. I checked her back. Only at one part she is having the pain and it is spreading only when she is walking. Last Wednesday she went to the market to buy vegetables. Suddenly after coming back she said that she is having pain and it escalated.
Thanks and Regards,
Ccould be due to muscular strain resulting in muscle spasm.
This acute pain could be due to muscular strain resulting in muscle spasm.
- If the pain is severe, she need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on back.
If this pain persist, go for MRI and get it evaluated by your doctor.
Wishing her speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for active pulmonary tb
- Tb meningitis treatment
- What is the suggested treatment for tb
- Can i resume exercise while on pulmonary tb treatment
- Suggest treatment for infertility when on tb medication
- Isoniazid treatment tb and smoking
- Will extra pulmonary tb reoccurs once completely cured
- Length of tb treatment and fertility please suggest
- What is the diagnosis and treatment for xtra-pulmonary tb
- Body fluid extra pulmonary tb