Suggest treatment for excessive weight gain

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: I am 74 yrs old and seem to be gaining weight for the past four months i also seem to be eating more. My stomach looks like a tire is around it and wondered if I have a tumor. or losing control of eating . I wanted to diet starting tomorrow and see if I lose or still gain weight. I also had acancer of my uterst spelling ) jn november and going for radiation treatment 3x in March. I really feel like a mess right now. ..XXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Weight gain is a sign of recovery

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand your concern. So in the recovery phase of cancer, weight gain occurs and its a good sign. However, if you think its excessive, follow these steps
Start mild aerobic exercises
Drink plenty of fluids
Take small amount of meals at frequent intervals.
This will help to control weight.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy