Suggest treatment for earaches and sudden hearing loss
I've had an earache the past couple of days. However this morning I woke up with it being completely blocked and it being very hard to hear out of my right ear now. I am on Sofradex drops 4 times daily with two drops in the effected ear but could the sudden hearing loss be a possible sign of a peforated eardrum? The ear is still painful so that hasn't changed but its a lot harder to hear out of my ear now. Should I continue my drops or go back to the doctor first?
Go back to the doctor first
I have gone through your question and understand your concern; and I would like to inform that in your case sudden hearing loss is not due to the perforated ear drum because your ear is still painful.
Most probably it suggests the inflammatory swelling that blocking your ear canal.
Better to consult with your doctor first.
Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sudden hearing loss coupled with vertigo
- Symptoms of sudden hearing loss
- Mri for sudden hearing loss
- Sudden hearing loss aids
- Sudden hearing loss causes
- Sudden hearing loss nejm
- Myocarditis and sudden hearing loss
- Diagnosis of sudden hearing loss
- Sudden hearing loss in one ear treatment
- Treatment and cure for sudden hearing loss