Suggest treatment for ear blockage and pain in and around the ear

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,

I have been facing blockage of ear from past 5 days and now it has started paining even if i touch my ear or places around my ear. I was under medication taking salvin and polares tablets and i am apply OTEK AC drops from yesterday.

Should i consult a specialist now or should i wait for some time.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Consult ENT Specialist ASAP

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the otitis externa.

If I were your treating doctor then I would advice
1. Avoid putting water, oil and ear bud in the ear.
2. Hot fomentation of the ear as much as possible.
3. For Antibiotics and pain killers consult with your treating doctor.

Better to consult ENT specialist to rule out other disease and better management. The antibiotic therapy will be initiated as per your ENT doctors choice.

Thanks

Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist