Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
It might be more a chronic bronchitis
Hello and thank you for asking in HalthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.
According to the history it might be more a chronic bronchitis than an acute one.
For this situation i would recommend you some blood tests as follows;
for excluding the bronchial inflammation which might need to add antibiotics in your treatment.
Spirometry tests is needed to evaluate the lung volumes.
If they are reduced an inhalator therapy should be added to you too (like Ventolin) according to the spirometry result.
For the pain you can use painkillers.
Do not worry it will pass soon.
Robitussin DM is a combination of an expectorant and a cough suppressant. It works by loosening mucus and lung secretions in the chest and making coughs more productive.You can use it for some more days.
Drink a lot of water for the secretions too.
Discuss with your doctor for all the above.
Feel free to ask me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment dry cough
- Treatment and cure for dry cough
- Persistent dry cough treatment
- Dry cough and rib pain
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough with wheezing
- What is the treatment for dry cough and chest pain
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- What is the treatment for dry cough
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?