Suggest treatment for dry and sensitive skin

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hey Doctor
My skin is so sensitive that it dosnt suits creams having SPF in it.
Its remain dry and dull all the time.
Because of sunlight conplextion is also getting darker day by day.
Please suggest what to do.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
some home remedies to consider in that scenario..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,

Well, to be specific, almost all sunscreens contain some amount of SPF in them, so if your skin is sensitive to all of them, then the best way is to avoid them which you're doing..

You can try using cold creams with good moisturizing property for your dry sensitive skin (eg. Garnier nourising cold cream, Nivea for men etc.), they're harmless and suitable to almost all type of sensitive skins..

Apart from this, you can start using some good quality face packs(home made) on daily basis to overcome with the sensitive/dry skin and betterment of complexion, i.e.

- mix 1/2 cup of yogurt(unflavored and plain) with 3 tablespoons of mashed-up papaya, and apply to skin. Leave on face for about 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water, tone and moisturize as usual during the day time..

- Soak 3 to 4 almonds overnight in half a cup of milk. Grind into a fine paste and leave to cool in the fridge. Apply on your face before going to bed and wash off the next morning

- avoid using soaps strictly(if you do), use gentle cleansing face-wash for dry skin (eg. Dove/Garnier etc.)..

Try this daily for at least 15 days and observe..

Apart from this, avoid direct sunlight exposure to the face, use scarf/ handkerchief as a covering while getting out in the direct sunlight..

Hydration maintenance is another extremely important factor to prevent skin dryness, drink plenty of water(3 ltr at least per day), avoid deep fried junk foods as much as possible in order to achieve a good skin..have plenty of fresh fruits and salads through out the day..

With all these followed strictly, you should be able to achieve a good skin on long term basis..

Best Wishes
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee