Suggest treatment for distorted and double vision

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: my vision is distorted in the eye where my detached retina was repaired with gas bubble and buckle - 3 months has passed - occasional double vision - can I expect any more improvement or is there a follow up procedure to improve the sight in that eye
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Image distortion

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

There is still some margin of improvement though small. You'll also adapt to the situation gradually.

Unfortunately there are no surgical procedures to correct this situation. Are you sure the gas is removed, as it is only done 3 to 6 months after the procedure.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee