Suggest treatment for diarrhea, nausea and fever
yes, it sounds like stomach flu/infection of the gastrointestinal tract
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yes, it is likely the stomach flu/infection of the gastrointestinal tract.
In most persons the symptoms last less than 1 week- 10 days, rarely beyond this time frame.
Treatment is usually symptomatic, meaning treating the symptoms present without addressing the specific cause of the symptoms (the particular virus or bacteria causing the infection).
The hand washing and pepcid were definitely appropriate along with rest and fluids to replace what you are losing with the frequent bowel movements.
If the nausea persists or is disturbing then dramamine or peptobismol can be added.
Use bland foods, if you are still eating, til the symptoms abate. If the symptoms are severe or there is loss of appetite or food causing loose stools then hold off solids till there is a 4 hour window with no symptoms.
When this occurs start with a small amount of dry bland foods.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for diarrhea nausea weakness after eating fish
- Weakness constipation diarrhea nausea burping treatment for symptoms
- Body pain fever diarrhea nausea
- Diarrhea nausea fever headache spotting no periods
- Chills body ache diarrhea nausea no fever
- Diarrhea nausea heartburn fever cause
- Suggest medication for diarrhea nausea and abdominal pain
- Treatment for abdominal pain diarrhea nausea aggravated by stress
- Diarrhea nausea bubbly stomach taking promethazine suggestions
- Achy diarrhea nausea no fever pregnancy
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...