Suggest treatment for demyelinating disease
demylinating disease best treated with improved overall health
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
I am sorry to hear that you are affected by a demyelinating disease. As you have learned this is the covering of the nerves that help with conduction of the nerve impulses from one neuron to another. This sheath is mostly made of protein and gets degraded by an immune response.
Depending on the cause of the demyelination there is very little that can be done to rebuild the myelin sheath. The best course of action is to reduce the exposure to the toxic mold i.e. move out of the home that had the exposure. The next thing is if you smoke or drink alcohol you need to stop. Do not stress your body in any other way that will adversely impact your body. Start eating a good healthy diet high in protein and low in fat and processed foods. Exercise regularly and start relaxation exercises and meditation. All these aspects will improve not only your physical health but also your mental health.
1. reduce exposure to the toxic mold
2. Reduce tobacco and alcohol
3. Eat a well balanced nutritious diet high in protein and low in fat
4. Exercise regularly
5. Stress reduction with relaxation exercises and meditation
6. There is no medication that helps build myelin back
I hope this answers your question. Please contact HCM again with your health care concerns or questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for demyelinating diseases
- Rare demyelinating disease causes
- Diagnosis of demyelinating disease
- Done with brain mri diagnosis of demyelinating disease suggestion
- Demyelinating diseases causes
- Early demyelinating disease
- Treatment and cure for rare demyelinating disease
- Headaches and demyelinating disease
- Treatment and cure for Chronic demyelinating disease
- Demyelinating disease on mri
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?