Suggest treatment for cystitis and grade 2 prostatomegaly in a diabetic

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi dr
My father is 64yrs old and having DM for last 12 yrs,recently he was diagnosed as grade 2 prostomegaly,cystitis,prostrate size 4.5*4.5*3.8(volume~42ml),bladdr shows echogenic debris in the lumen wall is diffusely thickened_4mm,post residual volume is 61ml,psa,urea,cr is normal,,What will be the best treatment for him keeping a note of his age and DM.
Kindly advise
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
TURP offers best cure

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir/Madam

I can understand your concerns.

I have gone through your report in detail.

The best treatment is to undergo a surgery called TURP after controlling the cystitis infection with antibiotics.

TURP is transurethral resection of prostrate gland.

This surgery will cure BPH once for all.

Post your further queries if any,
Thank you.