Suggest treatment for cold, wheeziness, cough with yellow phlegm, and fever
if feeling worse, shortness of breath or repeat wheezing
Fever can occur with viral or bacterial infection. It is part of your body's inflammatory response to any infection.
Yellow mucus or discharge can occur with viral infections as well.
Since both of these can occur with viral infections, they would not necessarily be indicators of bacterial infection and the need for antibiotics.
If however you are feeling generally worse or there is repeated wheezing or shortness of breath, then this may mean that you need a prescription for z pak or another antibiotic.
You can also add paracetamol/tylenol to help with the fever.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for cold cough fever despite calpol
- Suggest treatment for fever with cold and blocked nose
- What treatment is suggested for fever and cold
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Suggest treatment for allergic cold and fever
- What are the treatments for recurring cold fever and cough
- Cold coughing up sticky phlegm high fever feeling faint treatment
- Treatment for child s frequent cold cough and fever
- Swimming cold cough fever shaking treatment
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever