Suggest treatment for cold and cough
Symptomatic treatment with antihistamine and steam inhalatio
Cold and cough may be secondary to a viral illness, sinus inflammation or allergic cause. The cause can be determined only through detailed clinical history, physical examination and evaluation.
At this point, I will recommend you start steam inhalation 3-4 times per day along with over the counter antihistamine like tab cetrizine 10mg one at night for 3 days. You may also consider a cough syrup like Syp Tus Q 1 tsp three times a day.
Drink warm fluids. Ginger preparation such as ginger tea may help to some extent.
If you don't get better with these remedies or if you feel it worsening or incase you start fever, visit your local physician. You might need a course of antibiotic after the initial evaluation.
Hope this helps. Wish you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough in 3 year old
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Home treatment for cough and colds
- Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatments for bad cold
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever