Suggest treatment for cervical dystonia

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Our adult Daughter has Cervical dystonia and we are looking for help for her. cure or other wise

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
Botox injections would help.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your daughter's problem. Cervical dystonia can be well managed with botox injections given in the neck muscles. The injections are safe and no serious adverse effects are noted. The only drawback is that the injections need to be repeated every 3-6 months.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/