Suggest treatment for cellulitis in leg when suffering from diabetes
injuring my neck and back. Aprox. 1 l/2 years ago i was DX with diabetes, never had it in the family
before. aprox 2 week ago i developed cellulitis on both lower legs, very red and itchy. Went to
my dr. he said go to the ER. received a dose of vancomycin IV and was sent \home with a PO RX
antibotics . They have not worked. I am on workmen comp and don't have insurance. I receive
19,2000 a year on workman' comp. I'm so lost. I've been experiencing diarhea and vomiting
secondary to antibotic therapy. Please advise me. I'm so desperate and weak.
I would like to know the peroral antibiotic names
Thank you for posting in health care magic.
Cellulitis is more common in diabetics. And many antibiotics that are used to treat cellulitis cause diarrhoea and vomiting. I would like to know the complete prescription that you are on.
I regularly add a Pre and Probiotic capsule and metronidazole tablet to prevent antibiotic associated diarrhoea. To prevent vomiting, I prescribe Rabeprazole with Domperidone capsule. Apart from pre and probiotic capsule, others are prescription only drugs. You may be able to get those prescribed at a low cost community clinic. Hence I give you this option to visit one such centre nearby.
Sometimes, it may take more time for complete cure. Therefore as long as it's not worsening, I would continue antibiotics for alteast 7-10 days.
I hope your sugars are now under well control. If not, you need to look at it on priority. Besides that, you should take absolute bed rest with both lower limbs in elevated position.
If you don't do well with the current antibiotic, drugs like Clindamycin capsule along with Cefuroxime tablet will be my choice. Anti inflammatory tablet will be added.
If you have any queries, I will clarify further.
Nothing to worry.
Please send your complete prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck cellulitis treatment
- Cellulitis of eyelid treatment
- Having cellulitis uti and lung infection suggest the treatment
- Diabetic suffering from cellulitis history of heart problems concerned
- Vancomycin for treatment of cellulitis
- Suggest treatment for cellulitis on leg
- Leg cellulitis treatment antibiotics
- Can cellulitis surgery be performed for diabetics
- Diabetic foot infections cellulitis
- Suggest treatment for facial cellulitis following trauma to lips
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...