question-icon

Suggest treatment for bruise in the jawline

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015
Question: Hi, my toddler has a bruise or what looks like a small dark grey patch on his skin under his jawline/chin and it hasn't gone away in a month. Do you have any suggestions as to what this might be?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please attach an image

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking on this platform

Was there any preceeding history of trauma?
There are few conditions (related to coagulation disorder) in which easy bruising or persistent bruising is a problem.
Sililarly few vessels related disorders may look like bruise.
Skin lesions are better assessed by direct visualisation.I request you to attach an image so that I better able to help you out.

Waiting for your response.
Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology