Suggest treatment for bronchitis while on Levofloxacin
Hello and welcome,
Do you mean a vaginal yeast infection?
You can try using apple cider vinegar if you have some on hand. The mild acidity of the vinegar can treat yeast, which prefer an alkaline environment.
Add 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar to bath water and soak for approximately 20 minutes.
Mix an equal amount of apple cider vinegar with water on a cloth. You can use this to wipe the area gently, but also as a compress. Then rinse the area with water.
In both situations, dry thoroughly (you can even use a hand held hair dryer set on low) so that there isn't residual moisture (which yeast like).
If you don't have apple cider vinegar but do have boric acid, you can put this into a couple of capsules and insert into the vagina.
Avoid sweets and anything that is sugary as yeast love that. They like alcohol (consumed) too.
Avoid clothes that don't breathe well such as polyester and other synthetic cloth and tight fitting clothes.
You can also go to an all-night drug store (Walgreens?) if you have one in your area and get an over-the-counter anti yeast preparation such as Monistat, Femstat, Gyne-Lotrimin or Vagistat.
This will not help your yeast infection, but may protect your bowels: When on an antibiotic, and for a while afterwards, consider taking a probiotic that has lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- Suggest treatment for allergic bronchitis with post nasal drip
- Sinus bradycardia treatment and bronchitis
- Suggest treatment for asthmatic bronchitis
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and seasonal asthma
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis with copd
- Suggest treatment for acute attack of bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis treatment
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of bronchitis
- Treatment for bronchitis