Suggest treatment for yeast infection

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: Is there anything I can take over the counter I am out of town. Away from. My Dr for yeast infection
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The yeast infection can be treated with antifungal agents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully. Other similar pessaries are- Gyne-Lotrimin or Mycelex (clotrimazole) Gynezol or Femstat (butoconazole) Monistat (miconazole nitrate) or Vagistat-1
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal