Suggest treatment for bronchial asthma
Colistin Nebulization is also useful.
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Sorry to say but there is no permanent medical cure for bronchial asthma and bronchiectesis.
These are chronic obstructive Airway disease.
If bronchiectesis is in single lobe then we can't think of lobectomy (surgical removal of lobe of lung).
Colistin (higher antibiotic) in Nebulization is also an option for pseudomonas infection. But it is not permanent cure.
Most common cause for asthma is lung infection.
So if we prevent lung infection, we can prevent asthma worsening.
So adult pulmonary vaccines like influenza and pneumococcal vaccines should be taken to prevent lung infections.
Please let me know
1. How many lobes involved by bronchiectesis?
2. Since how many years, you are having asthma and bronchiectesis?
3. Have you taken pulmonary vaccines?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of bronchial asthma i infants
- Bronchial asthma and pregnancy scenario
- Bronchial asthma natural treatment
- Bronchial asthma in acute exacerbation
- Treatment and cure for bronchial asthma
- Bronchial asthma stenting
- Treatment and cure for reversible bronchial asthma
- Treatment and cure for hereditary bronchial asthma
- Treatment and cure for concomitant bronchial asthma
- Bronchial asthma and walking pneumonia