Suggest treatment for blood collected around wound on knee
Will the water dissipate naturally over time?
This is collection of blood
I have studied your case. This is not fluid but collection of blood in the knee joint mixed with joint fluid. Usually it get absorbed slowly in two to three weeks. I would suggest you to do following.
1.Get x ray of the knee joint to make sure that there is no ligament injury or hairline fracture.
2. It is good to get this fluid aspirated by needle by trained doctor under sterile precautions.
3. If you do not want than then take antibiotics so that it does not get infected.
4.ice, rest and compression bandage is helpful.
I hope this answer will be helpful to you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to remove wound scars on face
- Suggest treatment for non-healing wound
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for to heal wound on knee
- Suggest treatment for a reopened wound on penis
- Swelling around the open wound suggested treatment
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Suggest treatment for knee injury
- Suggest treatment for sore knees