Suggest treatment for blisters and purple scabs behind ear

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What causes purple behind my ear?
There were originally blisters and have cleaned with rubbing alcohol.
Originally I had massive amounts of white cream like behind my left ear, then suddenly blisters showed up and began to seep.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.Considering the picture you sent ,it seems to be a skin condition called contact dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis.These are chronic skin condition and require treatment.
Cleaning it with alcohol has made the inflammation worse,causing the blisters to burst and to form scabs.
I would suggest to consult your doctor for proper evaluation and treatment.A topical corticosteroids like Hydrocortizone will help to ease the inflammation.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati