Suggest treatment for blister on penis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I see a blood blister on the top of the male organ near the opening from where I urinate. It is not painful. However I am worried that it may ooze blood. I have indulged only in foreplay for the past 15 years. Before this several years ago I did see some small cut on the shaft. Some times blood would ooze out when the shaft was erect . I am a student and cannot afford expensive treatment.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be a hematoma or hemorrhagic cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a blister filled with blood at the tip of your penis.

I shall be happy if you can post me few a photograph of the lesion that will help me in making precise comments on your problem.

It could be haematoma developed due to trivial injury to the tip of penis which you have not noticed or could be due to haemorrhagic cyst.

Do not worry even if it gets ruptured .Whatever blood will ooze from the blister will be very minimal which can be tackled with compression dressing .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily. to prevent it from getting infected.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.