Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for blister on penis

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9607 Questions
I see a blood blister on the top of the male organ near the opening from where I urinate. It is not painful. However I am worried that it may ooze blood. I have indulged only in foreplay for the past 15 years. Before this several years ago I did see some small cut on the shaft. Some times blood would ooze out when the shaft was erect . I am a student and cannot afford expensive treatment.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be a hematoma or hemorrhagic cyst

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a blister filled with blood at the tip of your penis.

I shall be happy if you can post me few a photograph of the lesion that will help me in making precise comments on your problem.

It could be haematoma developed due to trivial injury to the tip of penis which you have not noticed or could be due to haemorrhagic cyst.

Do not worry even if it gets ruptured .Whatever blood will ooze from the blister will be very minimal which can be tackled with compression dressing .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily. to prevent it from getting infected.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor