Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for back and hip pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I'm slightly over weight and 40yrs old male, 1 yr ago I fell from plastic stool on back Hips, now when I lay down with my back I feel pain in my hips disc. Please advise
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I will advise you do X ray of hip. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history there can be hip arthritis which can be degenerative or due to avascular necrosis of femoral head [AVN]. I will advise you do X ray of hip and you can consult me with reports or with your doctor. After clinical examination IF AVN is suspected then you will need MRI. Till time take analgesic and cartilage protecting medication like glucosamine sulphate. For hip arthritis joint flexion, extension and rotation exercises will help. Physiotherapist will help you better to learn more exercises in proper protocol. If required intra-articular injection can be given. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor