• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anxiety and pressure sensation on the head

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Anxiety issues, head pressure, nightly wake ups, irritable.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

What you are describing is consistent with generalized anxiety. Xanax is NOT a good medication for this condition, because Xanax leads to addiction, withdrawal, seizures, coma, memory loss, and rebound anxiety. I would instead recommend treatment with an SSRI medication such as sertraline, escitalopram, or fluoxetine. These are safer and more effective in the long term.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist