Suggest treatment for antibiotic induced nausea

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Iam on clines yin Hal 300mg 3 times a day I noticed that when I take them I get nasaua and I eat before I take it.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ok it is expected

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
The antibiotic which you are taking is excellent for skin and sift tissue infections in the bargain it does cause a bit of nausea.
I would recommend you that when you are on this antibiotic avoid oily and spicy food .
It is good that you are taking it after food continue that way .
If the nausea is unbearable you could take a combination of pantoprazole and domperidone once a day this will take care of the nausea
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D