Suggest treatment for an ulcerative colitis
Colonoscopy is gold standard test to diagnose UC,If colonoscopy was normal why is he being treated for UC?There is smoething wrong in diagnosis.
Thanks for query sir but i am a bit confused Colonoscopy is gold standard test to diagnose ulcerative coilitis.If colonoscopy is normal then how come he is getting treatment for UC.
Remicade is shown to induce and maintain clinical remission in patients with moderate to severe Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.However if its not effective anti-TNF medications Adalimumab (Humira®) is used.Infact is preffered over Remicade these days.Rituximab can also be used.Don't worry even if a particular meduication had not helped him a number of other are there.
please reclick a better photo and attach it.i can just read nitro on zooming in.
As per your query firstly if coloscopy was normal then how was he labbeled as having Ulcerative colitis?.Kindly attach other investigation or please tell that who diagnosed him as having UC when colonoscopy was normal.
A test named fecal calproctin should be done-Faecal calprotectin is a biochemical measurement of the protein calprotectin in the stool. Elevated faecal calprotectin indicates the migration of neutrophils to the intestinal mucosa, which occurs during intestinal inflammation, including inflammation caused by inflammatory bowel disease.
Follow up with answer and report of this test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis flare treatment
- Ulcerative colitis drugs treatment
- Natural treatment for ulcerative colitis
- Suggest medication for ulcerative colitis
- Treatment and cure for ulcerative colitis arthritis
- Malaria treatment and ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis treatment options
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Is acthar used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis?