• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne and sebrhorreic eczema

Posted on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello sir /mam.im male. 19 years old.I have been suffering from mild to moderate acne and sebrhorreic eczema.my dermatologist suggested flucort cream cream for week and acne medicines for. 6 weeks.after a week all the redness decreased.acne is also decreased.but during 3rd week face became mild to moderate red.then i applied flucort once.and all the redness decreased.again inflammation of face took place after 5 days.then my dermatologist suggested me to apply tacroz forte0.1 when inflammation occured and told me to continue acne medicines.(azibact 500 thrice a week &clear gel).as flucort is steroid cream and i got addicted to it.now I'm in dilemma to use flucort or tacroz cream.i read that tacroz has antifungal properties which are useful for sebehrroic dermatitis.please suggest me which one is better flucort or tacroz.im staying in f
Hostel so i don't eat fish.please suggest me omega fatty acids supplement and vitamins required to treat inflammation and dermatitis with bland name and dosage and how long should i continue.please help me out of this problem.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Omega fatty acids have side effects

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

There is nothing to be confused about. You are already on the correct medicines. Steroids are to be avoided for long term use. You may apply tacroz rather than flucort.

I usually suggest a 5 - 7 day course of oral antibiotics for the acne. I would personally recommend a combination of cefixime and ofloxacin. This should decrease the acne and associated redness. It should also clear some of the dry skin. I also recommend benzoyl peroxide ointment applied specifically on acne. It is available as persol or persol forte cream.

I do not recommend omega fatty acids as they do not improve the conditions but may worsen your immunity and have other side effects. Among vitamins you can take becosules, Evion (vit E) and Limcee (Vit C). The condition that you have may only reduce and not clear with medicines. Drinking cleaner water should help. Exercising daily will help increase immunity.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Thanks a lot mam.it seems like I have developed sebborheic dermatitis and rosacea.is its safe to use tacroz forte 0.1 for rosacea??how to control and manage rosacea and sebborheic dermatitis at a time?please help me
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to take care of trigger factors

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I personally think that the acne and redness is caused by bacterial infection. Above mentioned antibiotics take care of it considerably.

Redness is also caused by trigger factors like emotionality, hot and cold climate, sleeplessness, nervousness, anxieties, caffeine intake, smoking, alcohol, dust, cosmetics, etc. Once you relax, the redness lessens. Soaps containing sandalwood is also good.

The remaining issue is the dry skin that is there in rosacea and seborrhea. It can be reduced with oils, thick creams or medicines. I don't really recommend medicines (allopathic and ayurvedic) for prolonged use. Topical medicines like salicylic acid preparation, urea 10%, steroidal cream, etc reduce it but it tends to come back, sometimes with a vengeance. Thus take care of dry skin with hair oils and thick creams.

Drinking clean water from RO system cannot be underestimated as it protects you from many infections.

Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj