Suggest treatment for a muscle strain
Most likely Lumbar muscle strain.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely Lumbar muscle strain.
You can do hot compress or hot fomentation on back. You can apply absorbine plus jr or voveran thermogel after that. If pain is more you can take advil also. There wont be any interaction with the topical medication. Avoid lifting heavy weights. Rest for 3 days from moderate to heavy physical activities also is required.
Sleep on hard mattress. Avoid sleeping on abdomen. If there is no improvement then you may need muscle relaxants. I would suggest muscle relaxants like Tizanidine or cyclobenzaprine for 3 to 5 days. These are prescription drugs. You can ask your GP for it.
Even after this there is no improvement then you need to do X ray of lumbosacral spine to rule out any injury. In case of any such injuries physiotherapy and wearing lumbar corsets will be required.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for constipation and muscle strain in stomach
- Treatment and cure for muscle strain/spasm
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain with red spots
- Treatment and cure for muscle strain
- Sartorius muscle strain treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain in neck and lower back
- Trapezius muscle strain treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to muscle strain
- Mid back muscle strain please suggest remedy
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?