Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for Sjogren's syndrome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
Hi I have advanced SJOGRENS SYNDROME (dry mouth and eyes is the least of it) Reynauds, Food Allergies triggered, polyneuropathy, stuttering, etc, I've been taking Evoxac 3x day for 3 years and live on generic Xanax .5 up to ten times a day (both scripts from Sjogrens/Arthritis MD). I've even started hallucinating lately. My Doctor says he never say a worse case than mine. I used to play tennis, longboard surfer all over the word, success in business. Now my quality of life is nil. I've had 30 attacts since Sunday. Is there any real medication that can help me? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Discuss with your doctor regarding Rituximab Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You are suffering from Sjogren's syndrome and are using drugs for dryness and anxiolytics. There are various groups of drugs used for Sjogren's syndrome other than you are using like hydroxychloroquine, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine and corticosteroids. But the drug you should be discussing with your doctor is a very promising drug for various symptoms is Rituximab. This drug has undergone various trials for the treatment of Sjogren's syndrome and has shown good results for symptoms not related to dryness part (glandular). So, please consult your doctor and discuss the option of trying this drug. Also, please do not use Xanax in such a high frequency. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor