• question-icon

Suggest treatmemt for head lice

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I believe I have a parasite(s) that filters in and out of my body into my hair. this started after I had head lice and an open sore on my head. I believe I may have already had a parasite in my body but ignored the signs. I can feel when it moves from one side on my hair to another when I comb it. My hair is also darker and oily and has a wet look where I feel and think they are. My hair texture is different and when I comb it, it will stay in the position and has resistance and noticeable movements. I understand this may be Morgellons disease, however these other symptoms I have conflict with Morgellons. Is this a possible parasite? If not, what else could this be and how to get rid of it.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Delusions of parasitosis/ impregnation, clinical examination & lab tests

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photograph.
It doesn't seem to be morgellons disease.
Other possibilities could be either delusions of parasitosis or delusions of impregnation.
I would recommend you to consult a dermatologist and go for clinical examination and biochemical tests to rule out any organic cause of delusions.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist