Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suggest the treatment for cone rod dystrophy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1173 Questions
Is there a treatment out there for cone rod dystrophy .. Genetic replacement or stem cell injections or eye transplant ..?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later

Thanks for sending your query to us.

There are various aspects of helping people with this issue. They include proper and at times dark glasses, cctv and a computer for magnified reading and low visual aids. The treatment is as yet at experimental and nothing seems to be on the horizon to offer some hope.

Alternative medicine including chinese, ayurveda and homeopathy offer treatment but there is no report to prove the efficacy.

Hope this helps. Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor