Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Suggest some treatment for ibd and crohn's disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9398 Questions
My 15 yr old son has classic symptoms of IBD/crohns. why cant he receive treatment that puts the disease in remission without the scopes?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Crohn's Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 23 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The scopes are to make a confirmed diagnosis ma'am. But, if you wish to start on treatment, you need to first learn about the treatment approach of IBS, which includes 3 parts.
1. Controlling an attack
2. Preventing an attack
3. Maintaining an unaggravated state

Medication to control an aggravated state include:
-Anti-spasmodics (eg. mebeverine, dicyclomine, hyoscyamine, etc.)
-Anti-diarrheal, if he has diarrhea (eg. loperamide)

Once his symptoms are controlled, you will have to learn more about point number 3, as mentioned above. If you wish to know more about this, you could write back to me.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any more information or clarifications. I would love to help. Wishing your son a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor