Suggest remedy for white pimples in genital area
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query and I have alo reviewed the Image.
I can see a few white, dome shaped bumps on scrotum. These seem to be lesions of Molluscum contagiosum, which is an infection caused by molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV).
Genital molluscum contagiosum is an STD i.e it is acquired by close/ sexual contact with an infected sexual partner.
Common treatment options for molluscum contagiosum include topical imiquimod cream Or electrocautery removal etc. Application of chemicals like Trichloroacetic acid, KOH( potasium hydroxide) are other options. Alternatively they can be also freezed with a liquid nitrogen tip applicator (crytherapy).
Incubation period is variable
Incubation period of molluscum contagiosum is variable and it can vary from days to weeks. Moreover since the lesions are asymptomatic bumps therefore people might notice them long after they first appear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pimples on genital area puberty
- Newborn pimple near genitals
- Pimple bumps on newborn genital
- Genital pimple cream
- Genital scrotum blind pimples
- Pimple on genitals amorphous urates
- Genital pimple toothpaste
- What causes pimples with white heads above the genitals
- Genital warts buttocks pimples
- Self cure for genital pimples