Suggest remedy for watery eyes in infants

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My daughter is currently 11 months old and currently I could see her right eye watery. When she is3 months old the doctor she had the problem of the watery eye and whitening thing in her right eye. The doctor said it happens in small children be coz of cloting. I used the medicine prescribed "besix" for 3 months like that. It got cured and stopped using. Now again due to cold and outside climate coolness again I could find the watery in her right eye compared to the left eye. There is no much whitening. Is it ok or I need to concern a doctor.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Noncanalization of NLD

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your daughter apparently had noncanalization of nasolacrimal duct and was cured.There is probably some effect remaining so either continue with Basix or change over to mosi eye drop or gentamycine eye drops for a few weeks.
Massage at the corner of eye is also useful.
Any further query in this regard,please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 22 hours later

Can please specify the number of times a day and the count of drops I need to use the besix medicine. And also for how many weeks I need to use it.
Thank you doctor for the reply.
Brief Answer:
Noncanalization of nld

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
This is to be put in one drop thrice a day for 3 weeks.This duration can be increased if somewatering is still continuing.
Than you doctor.
Brief Answer:
noncanalization

Detailed Answer:
My dear
You are always welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar