Suggest remedy for shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat and chest pain
Consult a cardiologist as soon as possible
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
Your blood pressure is very high to be XXXXXXX and it can lead to many problems including cardiac problems as well as cerebral stroke too if not controlled immediately. Though you are on two high blood pressure medicines, still it is quite clear that those are not being enough to control your blood pressure. Hence my advice will be to consult a cardiologist as soon as possible, get clinically checked and get the drugs or their dosage changed. If appointment is difficult to get, you should not waste time and go to emergency and get medications to lower it a considerable amount. All the symptoms you are getting are due to this high blood pressure. Get Electrocardiography and ECHO done.
Whereas for the knee pain, it can be due to increased age leading to degenerative changes or osteoarthritis. Get an Xray both knee AP and Lat view done. Avoid squatting, crossed legged sitting. Do static quadriceps drill regularly. Take mild painkillers or apply over the counter painkiller gels for pain relief.
You can consult the above with your treating or family doctor.
Get back with the reports.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Go to ER urgently
Your blood pressure is alarmingly high.
I would advise for urgent referral to Emergency or ER.
Your blood pressure has to be brought under control with intravenous medication if required, and ECG and ECHO needs to be done. Further management can be done accordingly.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shortness of breath and throbbing chest pains
- Anemia chest pain shortness breath
- Severe chest pain and shortness of breath
- Funny chest pain and short of breath
- Shortness of breath chest pains and exhaustion
- Palpitations chest pains short of breath
- Alcohol chest pain shortness of breath
- Rapid heartbeat chest pain shortness of breath
- Dull chest pain and shortness of breath
- Chest pains shortness of breath symptoms
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?